The non-stick coating is not harmful for health, because the substance of which it is composed (PTFE) is inert, which means that it is not assimilated by the organism. Even if we swallow small pieces of this substance, it would not be dangerous, because they would be eliminated by the body.The PTFE, shortening of polytetrafluorethylene, is a slippery compound, made of “tetra fluoro ethylene” molecules, which are made of carbon and fluorine.
Frequently asked questions
Every overheated piece can provoke emanation of fumes. However, the fume emanated from non-stick pieces does not represent any hazard for users, or pets, except birds. These animals, due to its particularly delicate respiratory system, are very sensitive to any kind of fumes.
The CELAR pieces in tempered glass and in sandstone, with non-stick coating, as well as cake moulds and oven pans, are suitable for using in the oven. All the other pieces, due to their accessories (long handles, side handles, Bakelite and wooden knobs) cannot be used in the oven.
If you use the piece according to the instructions given, you should not have that problem. Though, you have to follow the using instructions.
The qualities of the pieces can be preserved for a long time, if there are adequate maintenance and using. The overheating, the scratches (due to the metallic utensils) and/or cleaning with abrasive products or sponges, are the main causing factors of the wearing out of the coating.
All metallic cookware is conceived to work among certain temperature limits. So, higher temperatures can burn the food, cause stains, and deform the pieces. This overheating can also change the non-stick properties. A moderate temperature is enough to cook, since the aluminium is a good heat conductor. Never leave empty pieces on a turned on heat source, because they can be seriously damaged.
No. The non-stick coating is applied during the initial manufacturing process.
You should not use metallic utensils to scrape, because these can damage the coated surface. We suggest the use of plastic or wooden utensils.
No. CELAR products cannot be used in the microwave oven. This type of heating (through the emission of electromagnetic waves) in addition to not being compatible with metal parts it would also damage the coating and its properties in the long run.
To wash up, use hot water, a sponge and liquid detergent. Never use a metal pad or scouring powder.
When the useful life of your Celar’s cookware reaches the end, you should drop it in an Ecocentre or in our facilities at Rua Alto de Mirões, 99, Zona Industrial, 3700-727 Cesar, and therefore contributing for recycling the material.